Making A Positive Impact through Respect, Integrity, Courage, Empathy, Unity, Professionalism!
As members of the North Miami Police Department, we will:
- Build community trust through transparency and engagement
- Respect the sanctity of life through quality training, de-escalation, community policing and effective communication
- Enhance youth opportunities through mentoring and involvement
- Strengthen our Police Department’s culture through respect and professionalism
- Establish high standards for supervision, total inclusion, and development
The North Miami Police Department honors a deserving officer (or set of officers) each month to men and women who have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Read the inspiring stories of heroism and service of past award winners.
The Office of the Chief of Police is responsible for the overall command of all sworn officers and non-sworn employees.
The Community Policing Section (COPS) identifies and implements neighborhood-based police services to reduce crime, improve the quality of life, and engage community members in building partnerships and solving problems.
The members of the Traffic Unit are tasked with patrolling in marked and unmarked vehicles, and motorcycles specifically targeting drivers violating traffic laws, who may be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, and aggressive driving offenders. They also conduct investigations for Hit and Run accidents.
The Investigative Section is comprised of the General Investigative and Crime Suppression.
The Uniform Patrol Section is the heart of the police organization.
The North Miami Police Department welcomes all qualified persons. Our Department serves the North Miami community with multiple units, including Uniform Patrol, Canine, Marine Patrol, Motor Patrol, Mounted Patrol, S.W.A.T., Investigations and Crime Suppression.