Downtown Action Plan Advisory Committee
- 1:30 pm
- 2nd Friday of every month
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) Conference Room
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Member||Appointed By||Appointed Date||Term Ending|
|Michael McDearmaid||Mayor Bien-Aime||10-11-2022||05-23-2023|
|Geo Darder||Councilman Galvin||07-12-2022||05-23-2023|
|Sebastien Scemla||Councilman Galvin||07-12-2022||05-23-2023|
|Max Wolfe Sturman||Councilman Galvin||07-12-2022||05-23-2023|
|Jeff Mondesir||Councilwoman Timothe||07-12-2022||05-27-2025|
|Elvis Dumervil||Councilwoman Estimé-Irvin||07-12-2022||05-27-2025|
|Naomi Blemur||Councilwoman Estimé-Irvin||07-12-2022||05-27-2025|
|Francis Jacob||Councilwoman Estimé-Irvin||10-11-2022||05-27-2025|
|Sara McDevitt||Councilman Desulme||07-12-2022||05-23-2023|
|Dudley Etienne-Harvard||Councilman Desulme||07-12-2022||05-23-2023|
Selection of the Downtown Action Plan Advisory Committee (DAPAC) members: The DAPAC will consist of City and CRA staff, as well as several key community stakeholders with representation from the City’s local Arts/Cultural, Education, Film industry and business community. Examples include, but are not limited to, a representative from Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), downtown business owners/tenants, Chamber of Commerce representatives, Business Development Board Representative, University partners and other stakeholders.
Projects & Implementation Schedule
- MOCA Plaza/Civic Center Complex
Estimated Completion Date: November 2018
- Irons Manor Fountain
Estimated Completion: April 2019
- Liberty Gardens Park
Estimated Completion: June 2019
- Five Points Park
Estimated Start Date: 2019
- Griffing Park & Amphitheater
- NE 8th Avenue Green Trail
- Promenade at City Hall
- West Dixie Green Trail
In the fall of 2014, the North Miami City Council approved the adoption of the Downtown Action Plan and the Downtown Concept Plan. These two plans outlined funding and implementation strategies, as well as architectural concepts, for public and private space improvements to spur redevelopment within the downtown.
The Downtown Action Plan Advisory Committee, or DAPAC, is a group of key community stakeholders with representation from the city’s local arts/culture community, education sector, film industry and business community as specified in Section 2-402(a)(2) of the City’s Land Development Regulations. DAPAC is tasked with implementing the Downtown Action Plan and the Downtown Concept Plan through expert input, advocacy of City officials and staff, and activation of projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
The purpose of the members of the DAPAC is to assist in the implementation of the recommendations of the adopted Master Plan; the DAPAC will also assist in the creation of the conceptual plan and community meetings envisioned for the downtown. Members have the following duties:
- Act as an ambassador for the Action Plan with peers, neighbors and colleagues to further build momentum, participation and constructive feedback on the process and the master Plan and the future revitalization of the Downtown area
- Communicate and coordinate with the member’s constituent group to represent the group’s perspective on key issues and convey information from the DAPAC back to the stakeholders
- Participate actively in and help market the project’s community outreach efforts.
- Regularly attend DAPAC meetings and contribute constructively out of the experience and knowledge that they possess
- Review and provide comments/recommendations on project materials and draft plans
- Understand and articulate the DAPAC’s purpose, responsibilities and work plan