Downtown Action Plan Advisory Committee
- 1:30 PM
- 2nd Friday of every month
- Scott Galvin Community Center
1600 NE 126 Street
North Miami, FL 33181
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Member||Appointed By||Appointed Date||Term Ending|
|Sara McDevitt||Mayor Desulme||07-12-2022||11-19-2024|
|Dudly Etienne Harvard||Mayor Desulme||07-12-2022||11-19-2024|
|Bernadette Pierre||Mayor Desulme||12-13-2022||11-19-2024|
|Elvis Dumervil||Vice Mayor Estimé-Irvin||07-12-2022||05-27-2025|
|Naomi Blemur||Vice Mayor Estimé-Irvin||07-12-2022||05-27-2025|
|Francis Jacob||Vice Mayor Estimé-Irvin||10-11-2022||05-27-2025|
|Geo Darder||Councilman Galvin||07-12-2022||11-19-2024|
|Sebastien Scemla||Councilman Galvin||07-12-2022||11-19-2024|
|Max Wolfe Sturman||Councilman Galvin||07-12-2022||11-19-2024|
|Jeff Mondesir||Councilwoman Timothe||07-12-2022||05-27-2025|
|Dr. Lumana Joseph||Councilwoman Timothe||02-14-2023||05-27-2025|
|Wilson Gerald||Councilman Charles||04-11-2023||11-19-2024|
The DAPAC is comprised of a minimum of eleven (11) and a maximum of fifteen (15) members. The DAPAC will consist of several key community stakeholders with representation from the City’s local Arts/Cultural, Education, Film industry and business community. Examples include, but are not limited to, a representative from MOCA, downtown business owners/tenants, Chamber of Commerce representatives, Business Development Board representative, University partners and other stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
The purpose of the members of the DAPAC is to assist in the implementation of the recommendations of the adopted Master Plan; the DAPAC will also assist in the creation of the conceptual plan and community meetings envisioned for the downtown. Members have the following duties:
- Act as an ambassador for the Action Plan with peers, neighbors and colleagues to further build momentum, participation and constructive feedback on the process and the master Plan and the future revitalization of the Downtown area
- Communicate and coordinate with the member’s constituent group to represent the group’s perspective on key issues and convey information from the DAPAC back to the stakeholders
- Participate actively in and help market the project’s community outreach efforts.
- Regularly attend DAPAC meetings and contribute constructively out of the experience and knowledge that they possess
- Review and provide comments/recommendations on project materials and draft plans
- Understand and articulate the DAPAC’s purpose, responsibilities and work plan
About the Committee
The Downtown Action Plan Advisory Committee ("DAPAC") was created to "assist in the implementation of the adopted major corridor and downtown master plan as well as the accompanying concept and action plans" as indicated in Section 2-401 of the City of North Miami Land Development Regulations.