Housing and Social Services Department Notice of funding Availability State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP)
The Housing and Social Services Department (“HSS”) of the City of North Miami (“City”) hereby notifies the public of the availability of the State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (“SHIP”) funding for its FY 2022-2023 allocated by the State through the Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
The City is an entitlement recipient of the SHIP program and has received an allocation of $367,278.00 for FY 2022-2023. A portion of this allocation as listed below is designated by the City to assist low income qualified families with home repairs for their single-family unit as well as assistance for first-time homebuyers.
Owner-Occupied Home Rehabilitation Program $250,551.00
Rehabilitation funding will be made available to owners of single-family residential units in need of repair who meet the program’s income eligibility criteria and occupancy requirements. The maximum assistance is up to $25,000.00 per unit.
First-Time Homebuyer Program $30,000.00
Down payment and/or closing cost funding assistance will be made available to prospective homebuyers who meet the program’s criteria and will be purchasing a dwelling unit within eligible areas of the City of North Miami. The maximum assistance is up to $25,000.00 per purchase.
Disaster Assistance* $50,000.00
Disaster funding assistance will be made available to residents following a disaster as declared by Executive Order by the President of the United States or the Governor of the State of Florida, and may be used for purchase of emergency supplies to weatherproof damaged home, interim repairs to prevent further damage, trees and debris removal required to make the housing unit habitable and who meet program’s guidelines.
Program Administration $36,727.00
Funding set aside to coordinate, monitor, and implement the programs and to ensure all related SHIP criteria are met.
*This program will only be implemented in the event of a disaster using any funds that have not been encumbered or additional disaster funds that become available.
Space is Limited to 11 Eligible Applicants for the Two Programs Combined
Registration for the FY 2022-2023 state funded housing programs will begin on October 1st, 2022 through October 31st, 2022.
Only completed applications are accepted along with required documents. Applicants will be pre-qualified and selected through a lottery process at a date to be announced by the HSS department. Of the funding provided, a minimum of twenty (20) percent must be used to serve persons with special needs as defined in F.S. 420.0004(13). Priority will be given to persons with developmental disabilities, as defined in F.S. 393.063, with an emphasis on home modification, including technological enhancements and devices, which will allow homeowners to remain independent in their own homes and maintain the ownership.
Where to Apply
Interested applicants can visit the City website at www.northmiamifl.gov to download an application or obtain a copy at the HSS satellite office at 12300 NE 8th Avenue, North Miami, Florida 33161 beginning October 1st, 2022 through October 31st, 2022 and during regular business hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please feel free to contact the HSS Department at (305) 893-6511, extension 20000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible, your home must be owner-occupied as the “primary homesteaded residence”, have no current Federal, State and/or City liens AND must meet the income eligibility criteria. The SHIP Program, in accordance with the provisions of F.S. 760.20-760.37 does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, familial status, national origin, or handicap in the application process for eligible housing assistance.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, THIS AD AND DOCUMENTS LISTED CAN BE REQUESTED IN AN ALTERNATE FORMAT. AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST WITH AT LEAST THREE DAYS NOTICE.
- SHIP Annual Report FY 19-20, 20-21 and 21-22 (PDF)
- RFP CDBG Public Services - CBOs FY22-23
- North Miami HOME-ARP NOFA Public Meeting Notice (PDF)
- North Miami FY 2022-2023 Annual Action Plan Public Meeting Notice (PDF)
- North Miami HOME-ARP Allocation Plan Public Comment Period (PDF)
- 04-13-2022 Public Disclosure of Neighborhood Stabilization Program (PDF)
- 03-14-2022 Public Disclosure of Neighborhood Stabilization Program (PDF)
- FY 2020-2021 CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2021-2022 AAP Public Services Awards (PDF)
- SHIP Annual Report 19-20 (PDF)
- 2021 Affordable Housing Programs CDBG HOME (PDF)
- Action Plan FY 2021-2022 30 Day Commenting Period Revised (PDF)
- 06 02 2021 Public Disclosure of Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation Program (PDF)
- PN FY 2019 2020 CAPER
- 12 28 2020 FY 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan Allocation Adjustment (PDF)
- 11 30 2020 Notice Funding Availability Housing Department (PDF)
- 2021 Affordable Housing Programs SHIP (PDF)
- Public Disclosure Conflict of Interest Miller (PDF)
- 09 25 2020 NoMi Hot Meals Notice Extension (PDF)
- 07 19 2020 CDBG HOME - 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan Program Years - 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 07 13 2020 Request For Proposal For Mental Health Assistance Program (Application Extended) (PDF)
- CBO RFP for Public Services North Miami FY 2021-2021
- 06 22 2020 Emergency Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (ETBRA) (PDF)
- 06 22 2020 Summary Notice Public Comment 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Action Plan Amendment (PDF)
- 06 22 2020 Housing and Social Services Department (Mental Health) (PDF)
- 05 20 2020 Emergency Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (ETBRA) (PDF)
- 05 20 2020 Housing Social Services Department (PDF)
- 05 03 2020 Amendment to City Participation Plan (PDF)
- 05-08-2019 CDBG, HOME - Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Action Plan and Public Meetings (PDF)
- 03 22 2021 CDBG Notice of Funding Availability (PDF)
- Public Notice City of North Miami Public Disclosure of Housing Applications (PDF)
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership (Ship) Program (PDF)