News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/27/2022 11:10:00 AM to 9/27/2022 11:13:51 AM.
Posted on: September 27, 2022
[ARCHIVED] The North Miami Division of Emergency Management continues to monitor Hurricane Ian in the Caribbean
The North Miami Division of Emergency Management continues to monitor Hurricane Ian in the Caribbean. Hurricane Ian is currently located 130 miles SE of the western tip of Cuba. Hurricane Ian is forecast to become a major hurricane by Tuesday night into Wednesday morning as it approaches Central Florida.
- At this time, Miami-Dade County is not located within the forecast cone of Hurricane Ian.
- As the storm passes by, we will experience increased rainfall, tropical storm-force wind gusts, and localized flooding in some areas.
- We can expect to experience 4-7 inches of rainfall across South Florida.
- Residents are advised to not drive through flooded streets and to avoid walking through standing water.
- Trash pick-up will continue as scheduled.
- The Council Meeting for tonight will continue as scheduled.
We will continue to monitor Hurricane Ian, and provide updates as they become available.