It is the goal of the North Miami Parks & Recreation – Parks Division to maintain and improve the City’s parks, facilities, grounds, streetscapes, urban forest, and waterfront in a safe, functional and attractive condition by using the best landscape management and facility maintenance practices.
The City of North Miami Parks Division maintains over 32 parks and facilities, and the irrigation and landscaping of 138 medians, swales, triangles and dividers citywide.
The Parks Maintenance Division is responsible for:
- Managing of Turf Care through mowing, aerating, reseeding, edging, top dressing, and weed control.
- Managing of Fertilization of turf, trees, palms, and shrubs.
- Irrigation adjustment and repair of the watering of turf, trees and shrubs.
- Disease & Insect Control through monitoring, preventing, correcting, and management of disease and/or insects in turf, trees, shrubs; includes pest control in and around park buildings.
- Hardscape Surfaces maintenance by sweeping, blowing, and power washing of walkways, parking lots, tennis courts, dugouts and any other hardscape surfaces in our parks and facilities.
- Repair and maintenance required to all facilities, park amenities and fountains.
- Inspection of park facilities, equipment, and amenities to ensure compliance, safety, and proper operation. All vandalism and graffiti are to be reported to the Parks Maintenance for Immediate removal.
- Maintain the outdoor restrooms through cleaning, sweeping, sanitizing, and stocking of supplies.
- Litter removal from park perimeters, emptying trashcans and doggie stations, replacing trash bags and picking up litter throughout the park.
- Playgrounds & Tot-Lot inspection and maintenance of play equipment and raking of surfacing and litter removal.
- Maintenance of equipment and facilities such as drinking fountains, soccer goals, tennis, basketball netting, picnic tables, signs, litter receptacles.
- Short and long-term project installations.
- Landscape site development.
- Baseball/Softball/Football/Soccer Field Maintenance through tilting, power raking and surface replenishment.
- Support for all Special Events and Community Events city-wide.
Each park and facility under the maintenance schedule of the Parks Division is inspected with the highest objectives and standards, to provide information and progress of routine maintenance tasks, to highlight any park area or facility that needs repair, and to facilitate the prompt scheduling of work in the near future.
Occasionally though, there may be litter found in our parks, from park goers that do not fully understand the importance of cleanliness. If you see something, let us know by submitting an email to Recreation1@northmiamifl.gov.