Water Plant

Winson Water Plant pumps ground water from the Biscayne Aquifer. It treats the Water Plant Group Holding an Awardwater through aeration, chemical processing and filtering. Then through a vast underground distribution system, the plant delivers clean and safe potable water to our customers.

Water Demand

The plant is capable of supplying 9.3 million gallons a day (MGD) of water to consumers, but on average produces 8.7 MGD. This is about 60% of the total demand which is approximately 13.5 MGD. The other 40% of the demand is supplemented by water purchased from Miami-Dade County Water and Sewer Department, through several interconnects in the distribution system.


The Water Plant is a 24 hour operation, staffed by State licensed professionals in water treatment. They also handle all non police emergency calls that occur after regular business hours, dispatch the proper personnel as needed, and monitor all of the City’s sewer lift stations, by means of telemetry.

After Hours

For emergencies after hours, holidays and or on weekends, you will need to call 305-953-2854. Please fill out the After Hours Customer Survey.

Water Quality Concerns

If you have any concerns or questions about your water quality feel free to call the Winson Water Plant at 305-953-2854. The City will be glad to answer any question and if necessary, take a sample of your water drawn from an outside spigot to be analyzed by a state certified lab, to Assure you that your water supply meets all federal, state and local regulations.


Potable Water: Water suitable for drinking
Telemetry: Transmission of data via telecommunication