Mobile Hotspot Devices
Free North Miami Public Library now offers free mobile WiFi Hotspots for check-out.
Internet service is provided on T-Mobile 4G LTE network allowing access to high-speed internet service anywhere a cell phone signal can be received.
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a current North Miami Public Library Card
- Have a North Miami Public Library Card in good standing.
- Patron must be 18 years and older, and have a valid government ID at the time of check out.
- Library Card account balance must be $30 and under to check out a mobile hotspot.
- Library Card account can not have any lost item on account (books, DVD's, CD's not returned to the library).
- Hotspot can only be checked out by the library cardholder even if the patron is in another possession of another patron's card or have been given permission.
Loan and Holds Period
Hotspots are checked out for a 7-day period with a one day grace period to return the hotspot
After the 1 day grace period, the hotspot will be $10/day with a $30 maximum fine.
Hotspot service will be automatically disconnected after day 2 of the due date.
Hotspots can be renewed up one time if there is no one on the waiting list for a hotspot.
Hotspots are held for 1 business day after the hold is captured. They will show up on the unclaimed list on day 2 and made available for the next patron on the list.
Only one Hotspot may be checked out on a patron record at a time; no exception
Hotspots can only be returned inside the library at the circulation desk.
Hotspots cannot be returned in the book drop.
Staff will check for all parts and status of the Hotspot kit while the Patron is still present.
- Fees for Lost/Stolen/Damaged:
- Cost of Device: $345
- Cables & charger: $15 each/or cost
- Battery: $15
- Sim Card: $15
- Pouch: $15
- Hotspot returned in book drop: a $25 fine will be charged