Regular Business Stabilization Grant
Total Program Funding: $250,000 to assist business owners
The City of North Miami has a diverse mix of locally owned businesses that have made North Miami their home for many years. Our locally owned commercial establishments such as retailers, artisans, restaurants, bars, professional offices, restaurants, manufacturers, and personal service providers are all the bedrock of the community. Their presence contributes to the vibrancy and unique North Miami brand. Preserving a healthy business environment will be critical to maintaining a strong local economy.
Each business is allowed up to $5,000 in grant award. The goal is to assist North Miami businesses by providing short-term working capital assistance to small businesses to enable retention of jobs held by low- and moderate-income persons to alleviate job loss caused by business closures related to COVID-19.
This grant award will cover inventory, supplies and services (e.g. daily cleaning and sanitizing) needed to reduce the adverse economic impact caused by the Coronavirus. The City desires to ensure stability of North Miami businesses and help these businesses remain in the City.
Requirements & Scope
Participants must be a small business operating within the City of North Miami. Applicants of the North Miami Regular Business Stabilization Grant shall comply with those provisions of the City’s local adopted codes regarding possessing a Certificate of Use and Business Tax Receipt. For the purposes of this program, small businesses will be identified through the criteria established by Miami Dade County:
- Cannot have more than ten (10) employees that are low and moderate income
- Must not be part of a national chain, franchise or have city liens or code violations
- Cannot simultaneously apply for North Miami Legacy Grant
- Business can be non-profit or for-profit and must have been in business within North Miami for at least 1 year (proof includes incorporations, income tax, and utility bill).
- Although not a requirement, business will have access to tech support to assist with implementation.
- First come. first served processing
- Home based businesses do not qualify.
- The business owner must demonstrate an “Active” status in the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations.
- Payments will be made directly to the business via check or wire transfer.
Fill the application on-line.